MLOGD: Supplementary material
- Some additional information for Firth AE, Brown CM (2006)
Detecting overlapping coding sequences in virus genomes. BMC
Bioinformatics 7:75 - details on some sensitivity and selectivity
tests using real sequence data (virus alignments): pdf file (0.3MB, 8 pages, 5 figures).
- Note on how to include your own amino
acid, codon and nucleotide mutation matrices, instead of the default
ones, if you are using the downloadable programmes.
- List of some minor changes to
the algorithms since Firth & Brown, 2005, Bioinformatics,
- Extract from Firth & Brown, 2005, Bioinformatics,
21, 282-92, Supplementary Material. Covers read-frame
notation; sequence evolution model; MLOGD, N123 and NsNn statistics
and classification; sensitivity of classification as a function of
sequence length; sensitivity to sequencing errors and to choice of
mutation matrices; and triple coding. pdf
file (1.0MB), ps file (0.9MB).
- Tests on overlapping genes in E. coli and S.
typhimurium genomes: pdf file (1.2MB), ps file (0.8MB).
Return to MLOGD home.